Best Sweet Tarts Vs Smarties: Sweet Tarts and Smarties are both popular candy options that have been around for many years. While there are some similarities between the two, they also have some notable differences.
Sweet Tarts are a type of candy that are known for their sweet and tart flavor. They come in small, round pieces that are often brightly colored. Sweet Tarts are made by compressing sugar, corn syrup, and other ingredients into a tablet shape that is then coated with a hard candy shell. They are available in a variety of flavors, including cherry, grape, orange, and lemon.
Smarties, on the other hand, are a type of candy that are known for their slightly chalky texture and fruity flavor. They are similar to Sweet Tarts in that they also come in small, round pieces that are often brightly colored. However, Smarties are made from compressed dextrose, which gives them a slightly different texture than Sweet Tarts. They are available in a variety of flavors, including orange, strawberry, grape, and blue raspberry.
When it comes to choosing between Sweet Tarts and Smarties, it really comes down to personal preference. If you prefer a candy that has a harder shell and a more pronounced tartness, then Sweet Tarts may be the better option for you. If you prefer a candy that has a softer texture and a sweeter, fruitier flavor, then Smarties may be the better choice. Ultimately, both candies offer a fun and tasty treat that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
How to make smarties
Smarties are a type of candy that are made from compressed dextrose powder, flavorings, and colorings. Here’s a basic recipe for making Smarties:
1 cup dextrose powder
1/4 tsp citric acid
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Food coloring (optional)
Flavoring (such as orange or raspberry extract)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dextrose powder, citric acid, and cream of tartar. Mix well.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and flavoring to the mixture. Mix until the color and flavor are evenly distributed.
- Gradually add a small amount of water to the mixture, stirring continuously, until the mixture forms a dough-like consistency.
- Roll the dough out into long, thin strips.
- Using a candy press or a knife, cut the strips into small pieces that are roughly the same size.
- Place the candy pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Allow the candy to dry at room temperature for several hours, or until it is firm to the touch.
- Store the Smarties in an airtight container at room temperature.
Note: The exact measurements and ingredients may vary depending on the recipe. Additionally, the manufacturing process for commercial Smarties may be different from this homemade recipe.
Sweet tart twist rolls Recipe
Sweet Tart Twist Rolls are a fun and easy candy recipe that combines the sweet and tart flavors of Sweet Tarts with a chewy, fruity texture. Here’s how to make them:
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp citric acid
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups powdered sugar
Food coloring (optional)
Sweet Tarts candies
- In a saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, water, and citric acid. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat and quickly stir in the baking soda. The mixture will foam up.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar to the mixture, stirring well after each addition. The mixture should become thick and sticky.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the mixture and mix until the color is evenly distributed.
- On a piece of wax paper, roll out the candy mixture into a thin, flat rectangle.
- Crush the Sweet Tarts candies into small pieces and sprinkle them over the candy mixture.
- Roll up the candy mixture, like a jelly roll, until you have a long cylinder shape.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the candy into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Allow the candy to cool and harden at room temperature for several hours.
- Note: This recipe can be customized by using different colors and flavors of food coloring and Sweet Tarts candies.
Sweetarts are a type of candy that are known for their sweet and tart flavor. They come in small, round pieces that are often brightly colored. Sweetarts are made by compressing sugar, corn syrup, and other ingredients into a tablet shape that is then coated with a hard candy shell. They are available in a variety of flavors, including cherry, grape, orange, and lemon.
Sweetarts were first introduced in the 1960s by the Sunline Company, which later became part of Nestle. Today, they are manufactured and distributed by Ferrara Candy Company.
there are several other types of Sweetarts candies available, including Sweetarts Ropes, Soft and Chewy Ropes, Mini Chewy, and Chewy Sours. These variations offer different textures and flavors while still delivering the same signature sweet and tart taste that Sweetarts are known for.
Sweetarts are a popular and iconic candy that have been enjoyed by generations of candy lovers.