The Yorkshire Ambulance Service is a National Health Service (NHS) trust that provides emergency medical services (EMS) in Yorkshire, England. It covers an area of approximately 6,000 square miles and serves a population of over 5 million people.
The service provides a range of emergency and urgent care services, including:
- 999 emergency ambulance response
- Urgent care transport for patients who require transportation but do not need an emergency ambulance
- Clinical advice over the phone through the NHS 111 service
- Special operations, such as hazardous area response teams (HART) and air ambulance services
- The Yorkshire Ambulance Service is staffed by a team of over 5,000 healthcare professionals, including paramedics, emergency medical technicians, call handlers and other support staff.
Information about the Yorkshire Ambulance Service:
The service was formed in 2006 as a result of the merger of three ambulance services: South Yorkshire Ambulance Service, West Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service, and Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust.
- The service has a fleet of over 600 vehicles, including ambulances, response cars, and motorcycles.
- In addition to emergency and urgent care services, the Yorkshire Ambulance Service also provides non-emergency patient transport services for patients who require transportation to and from hospital appointments or other medical facilities.
- The service has a number of specialist teams, including hazardous area response teams (HART), critical care teams, and neonatal transport teams, who provide expert care to patients in challenging environments.
- The service also works closely with other emergency services, such as the police and fire service, to ensure that patients receive the appropriate care in emergency situations.
- The Yorkshire Ambulance Service plays a crucial role in providing emergency medical services to the people of Yorkshire. If you need emergency medical assistance, dial 999 or 112 and ask for an ambulance.
If you require further information about the Yorkshire Ambulance Service, you can visit their website at https://www.yas.nhs.uk/.